Wiegenlied RPG

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fantasy Roleplay Forum

Going on a Journey [Aleph's Introduction; Open]

Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Going on a Journey [Aleph's Introduction; Open] - Page 4 Empty Re: Going on a Journey [Aleph's Introduction; Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:59 am

Aleph followed after Aspen as they entered the inn. He looked around and saw that it was not the most lively place in the world. He had also noticed that it was really dusty. Good Lord, if Hiroko were here right now, she would've had a panic attack at all the dust and dirt everywhere. Aleph tried not to mind it, though.

Aleph sat down in front of Aspen and smiled as he waited for the tavern girl to arrive and take orders.

"Mead, please!" He said eagerly.

After the girl went off, Aleph listened as Aspen asked questions about his journey. He scratched his chin as he listened, then nodded.

"Well, I did pack some food on me, and if I'm careful, it should last me a good while. But, it would never hurt to stop, rest, and resupply in towns and villages along the way. I have a tent and a sleeping bag, just in case I can't find any inns." He said. "I don't really have anything along the lines of transportation, but I'll take any means that I can find. I also heard that Eisleyn's really cold, so I packed a coat!"

Though, knowing the ruler of Eisleyn, that wasn't particularly surprising!
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Going on a Journey [Aleph's Introduction; Open] - Page 4 Empty Re: Going on a Journey [Aleph's Introduction; Open]

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:59 am

The drinks arrived just after Aleph finished answering the question (service was fast when no one else was in an inn). Aspen narrowed her eyes. She took a small sip of her ale and then exhaled.

"I see," she murmured. She reached into her cloak a satchel that draped around her shoulders and pulled out a folded piece of parchment. "In that case, allow me to set up our travel method."

She laid the parchment down on the table and revealed a rather accurately drawn map. She pointed to Aldemerrow and started to trace the map with her finger diagonally.

"Now, it's true that we could go straight from Aldmerrow towards Saadedge--the latter connects eventually to Eisleyn at it's very tip--but it's just not worth the travel. It's mostly desert, so supplies would be hard to come by. It's also ridden with corrupted beasts and Incantii. I suggest we take a ferry to Stalhmin and trudge up from there. Granted, Stahlmin's a little urbanized so we'll need money to get around. Best we make what we can while we're here in Aldmerrow before going from there.

"From Stahlmin, we'll take a carriage that will lead us to the border of Saoirse. Another carriage could lead us to the tip of the mountain going to Diamant, but we'd have to walk otherways. We could also rent horses, but believe it or not, we'll be more flexible on foot."

She then smirked.

"And trust me, a coat alone is not going to do the trick," she said. "Now, do you have any specific places you want to stop by before we head there? It'll take a month if we go slow. Two weeks top if we go non-stop, but I ill-advise it."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 am

Aleph smiled as the drinks arrived. That was actually pretty quick. But, then again, there didn't seem to be a whole lot of people inside the inn aside from him and Aspen, so he probably shouldn't be surprised by this.

Anyways, Aleph listened intently and looked at the map as Aspen explained their travel plan. It seemed it probably would take about a month to get to Eisleyn, if everything worked out alright. But, at the very least, they would probably get to see some sights along the way, and meet lots of people! Aleph really liked that idea. He liked people. He liked meeting them and talking to them and getting to know them. He took a sip of his mead after Aspen finished explaining, then scratched his chin.

"Well, I don't really have specific places in mind, and I got about a handful of coins stashed away, so we shouldn't have to worry about that." He said, then smiled. "And I'm sure a coat would do alright. Other than that, everything else sounds fine. Let's do it, then!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Aspen nodded.

"Very well," she said. "Then may I suggest we scout the Unanimity Festival upper Aldmerrow? Now that I recall, the Princess might be there. Aldmerrow is the host for this year's festival and the leaders will attend. There are rumors she might not be there, but it's worth a shot. Granted, there's no way you'd be able to attack her without being publicly executed on the spot there--oh, wait, that would probably be the same situation if you were smack dab in the middle of her palace."

Aspen's tone was sarcastic and she was obviously poking fun at Aleph's ambition. She did, however, offer a small smile before her lower mouth disappeared into her tankard.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Aleph frowned as he heard Aspen's sarcastic barb. Admittedly, he didn't actually have a plan for how exactly he was going to kill the princess. He only had a plan to get to Eisleyn. And even that wasn't thought all the way through. But at least, he had a plan!

Aleph then heard Aspen mention something about a Festival happening in Aldmerrow, to which he smiled brightly.

"There's a festival? In Aldmerrow?" He asked, smiling. "Oh, I love festivals! Really, I do! I'd love to go there!"
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Apsen took her tankard and lifted it to her lips. She leaned back and finished the last bits of ale and slammed it back down.

"Right then," she said as she caught her breath from the last gulp. "We can leave tomorrow morning. I take it we can retreat to our own separate lodgings for the night? Or do you want to split on a room to save on costs? I don't mind sleeping on the floor."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Yes! Aleph and Aspen were going to go to the Festival! Aleph happily chugged down the rest of his mead and slammed it back down on the table. He couldn't wait to go to the Festival and take part in the celebration, meeting new people and trying out exotic and delicious food! Not to mention, all the activities they could do together! Oh, this was going to be so much fun!

"I think it's best if we split a room for now." He said. "We have to make the best out of everything we have, after all."
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:01 am

"Right," Aspen said. "Anyways, I'll go talk to the lady about our lodgings. They probably have empty rooms so feel free to pick one for yourself. They know me well enough to let me pick."

Aspen put down her hood and then looked at Aleph for a moment. Her eyes narrowed.

"Hope we have a merry time travelin' together, feather cap," she said before walking away.
    Lilac
    Lilac
    Admin

Post by Lilac Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:01 am

Aleph smiled at Aspen and nodded. "I'm sure this journey's going to be great, Aspen!" He said happily.

After she walked away, Aleph sat back and waited for her to return. He could already imagine it all. Travelling together with someone, going great distances, and all for the sake of taking down a cold and heartless ruler and liberating the poor and oppressed villagers. Not to mention, attending the Festival too!

Oh, this was going to be amazing!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:49 pm